CREAF is seeking a predoctoral researcher for the WATERSCAPE project (The waterscape as a framework for species coexistence) with reference PID2022-142083NB-C21 funded by the Ministerio de Ciencia e Innovación, the Agencia Estatal de Investigación and FEDER, MCIN/AEI/10.13039/501100011033.
The project will aim to elucidate how phylogenetic relatedness is reflected in the coexistence patterns across different environmental gradients. The research is explicitly linked to theoretical ecology developments and aims to provide empirical evidence (observational and experimental) by considering physical and biological components of coexistence theory adjusted to specific field realities. Beyond traditional habitat partitions, the waterscape continuum template (spatially and temporally dynamic water on and within the upper layer of the Earth) will provide the framework for considering the dynamics of species-environment interactions. The project will use high-mountain landscapes as physical settings and diatoms as model organisms.
The project will include two approaches of complementary nature: field observations and experiments in the high-mountain waterscapes of the Pyrenees, and laboratory experiments in CREAF and ECAM-UB (Estació Científica d’Alta Muntanya, UB). Diatom community composition will be evaluated using metabarcoding, molecular procedures and bioinformatics will be carried out. A set of numerical techniques merging community and network analysis will be applied. And the integration of experimental data and field observations will be investigated.
This contract is envisaged to start in between November to January 2024 but will depend on the moment of the definitive concession*, since there are 3 months (starting on 1st of the month) for start the work contract. The salary offered (gross) is stablished by the RD EPIF (Real Decreto 103/2019, de 1 de marzo, por el que se aprueba el Estatuto del personal investigador predoctoral en formación):
- 1st and 2nd years (12 months): 56% of €31,520.86** = €17,651.68 each year.
- 3rd year (12 months): 60% of €31,520.86** = €18,912.51.
- 4rt year (12 month): 75% of €31,520.86** = €23,640.65.
*The start of the contract will depend on the final resolution of the project, not coming into force until it’s resolved and it’s possible to allocate expenses to it.
**Salary from Group 1 (M3) of the salary table from the Convenio colectivo único para el personal laboral de la Administración General del Estado of 2023 (subject to possible salary increases when new salary amounts are approved).
- Coordinate field campaigns in the Pyrenees and experiments.- Compile and analyse bioinformatic data.- Write scientific articles according to the objectives.- Contribute to the main objectives of the research team, including field work and projects of other members.
- Master's degree in a field of biological sciences.- Theoretical and research knowledge in ecology and data analysis.- Strong written and oral communication skills.- Proficiency in English.
- Participation in scientific publications (first-author will be strongly valued).- Ability to work as a team and independently.- Mean BSc and MSc score above 8 (out of 10). If you are a non-Spanish student, please, calculate your equivalent grades following the information in these webpages (some only in Spanish, sorry): To do so, please, visit these webpages:
- Candidates who have a recognized disability and accredited equal to or greater than 33% will be prioritized, as long as the disability is compatible with the proper performance of the job.- Driving license.- Recommendation letters.
SELECTION PROCESS AND CRITERIA:
1. Applicants will have to submit: 1) their CV in English, 2) short motivation letter (less than 1 page), 3) the academic transcripts of your bachelor’s and master’s degrees (in Spanish or English), 4) the questionnaire attached to the offer (filled), to firstname.lastname@example.org until October 1st, 2023, indicating the reference code of the offer. Applications referred to another portal, other than CREAF job openings section and the instructions included in this, will not be accepted.2. Pre-selection: determination of compliance with the minimum requirements of the offer.3. Selection: assessment of the preselected candidates by scoring based on objective criteria. The candidates presenting the highest scores will be invited to a physical or remote interview and a test of general skills and knowledge about the chosen line of research (depending on the residence of the candidate).4. Final decision: in case of finding the suitable person, the election will be formally communicated to him/her, and the identification of the chosen person will be published on CREAF job openings section.
For informal enquiries, please, contact Dra. Marisol Felip: email@example.com
Date de alta en el Newsletter para recibir todas las novedades del CREAF en tu mail.
Date de alta en nuestro Newsletter par recibir todas las novedades del CREAF en tu email
CON EL APOYO DE
© 2016 CREAF | Aviso legal