CREAF is seeking a research technician to work on the AquaINFRA project (Infrastructure for marine and inland water research) and I-CISK project (Innovating Climate services through Integrating Scientific and local Knowledge), respectively Horizon and H2020 projects financed by European Commission within the GRUMETS research group.
This contract is envisaged to start in the beginning of October 2023 will last until around October 2025. The salary offered is €19,720 gross per year for a 30 hours per week workday (the full journal salary of this category is €24,650). CREAF and GRUMETS research group provide a highly stimulating environment and a career service support to enhance your professional development.
We promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, functional diversity, gender, nationality, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity.
CREAF is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and we offer the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
- Support CREAF research team on the tasks related to: - AquaINFRA “Infrastructure for marine and inland water research” - I-CISK “Innovating Climate services through Integrating Scientific and local Knowledge”
- Collecting, processing, and generating climate data.- Collecting, processing, and generating remote sensing products.- Updates, control and execution of remote sensing and GIS batch processing.- Active participation in writing progress reports and deliverables.- Review of scientific journals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Ecology, Biology, Environmental Science, Geography, Physics or equivalent; Geodesy, Cartography, Forest, Agricultural Engineer or equivalent.- Master’s degree in Remote Sensing and GIS, Geodesy, Cartography, Ecology, Water Management or equivalent.- Advanced Remote Sensing and GIS skills.- Intermediate / advanced level of oral and written English.- Experience in batch processing.
- Remote sensing and GIS applications for terrestrial water or marine water ecosystems.- Spatial analysis and geostatistics skills.- OGC standards, interoperability, and FAIR principles.- Experience in R scripts or computer languages (phyton).- Advanced user of MiraMon software.- Contributions to publications or conferences in the mentioned topics (added value as main author /speaker).- Candidates who have a recognized disability and accredited equal to or greater than 33% will be prioritized, if the disability is compatible with the proper performance of the job.
1. Admission of candidates: Applicants must submit a curriculum vitae, a cover letter (maximum 500 words) and the questionnaire attached to the offer (filled), by e-mail to email@example.com, 3th September 2023, indicating the reference code of the offer. Applications referred to another portal, other than CREAF job openings section and the instructions included in this, will not be accepted.2. Pre-selection: determination of compliance with the minimum requirements of the offer.3. Selection: assessment of the preselected candidates by scoring based on objective criteria.4. Final decision: in case of finding the suitable person, the election will be formally communicated to him/her, and the identification of the chosen person will be published on CREAF job opening section.
Date de alta en el Newsletter para recibir todas las novedades del CREAF en tu mail.
Date de alta en nuestro Newsletter par recibir todas las novedades del CREAF en tu email
CON EL APOYO DE
© 2016 CREAF | Aviso legal