POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHER ON SOIL FAUNA RESPONSES TO NUTRIENT AND CLIMATE CHANGES
CREAF needs to incorporate in a short time a postdoctoral researcher profile to the project SYNERGY GRANT - IMBALANCE (ERC-2013-SyG 610028-IMBALANCE-P, funded by the European Commission). The contract is expected to start in October 1, 2017, and will finish at the end of the tasks required for the project.
- Data gathering of measurements in natural and manipulated ecosystems, mostly related to nutrient imbalances at both local and global scales.
- Field work and conduction of field experiments and analyses, and observations of litter and soil fauna communities in Montseny (Spain), French Guiana (France), and the other study sites of the Global Ecology Unit.
- Monitoring of litter and soil fauna communities in response to phenological changes in the above-ground plant community in the experiments and field sites.
- Processing and analysis of data.
- Writing and publishing research papers in international peer-reviewed journals.
- PhD in Ecology or related field.
- Advanced user of statistical software (e.g. R software).
- Demonstrable experience of more than 5 years in the study of terrestrial community and ecosystem ecology.
- Capacity for teamwork.
- Long (more than 5 years) experience in organising, coordinating and conducting field-based research, with a particular emphasis on tropical ecosystems.
- Spanish and English spoken and written correctly.
- Previous experience in project development, data analysis and scientific writing.
- Demonstrable knowledge of state-of-the-art DNA-based techniques for the functional and phylogenetic analysis of biological communities.
SELECTION PROCESS AND CRITERIA
The selection process is led by the main researcher of the project, and will be overseen by the Management Office and the Human Resources Area of CREAF. This process consists of:
- Admission of candidates: applicants must submit a résumé, a letter of motivation (maximum 500 words) and the questionnaire attached to the offer, to the e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, until September 22, 2017 at 2:00 p.m., indicating the reference code of the offer. No other way is accepted.
- Preselection: determination of compliance with the minimum requirements of the offer.
- Selection: evaluation of pre-selected candidates, using a score based on objective criteria.
- Final decision: if the appropriate person is found, the candidate will be formally informed of his/her choice, and the identification of the person chosen will be published on CREAF's job board.