You are here
PART-TIME TECHNICIAN, SPECIALIZED IN BIOGEOCHEMISTRY AND DENITRIFICATION MICROBIOLOGY IN HIGH MOUNTAIN LAKES
CREAF needs to incorporate a technician for the project REPLIM (Network of observatories for sensitive ecosystems -lakes, peatlands- to climate change in the Pyrenees; official code EFA056/15), financed by the INTERREG POCTEFA (EU) program, in turn financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF). The part-time labour contract will have a duration of 3 months (with possibility of extending if it is required for the project tasks). The selected person will commence at the beginning of July 2017.
- Field work and sample processing.
- Laboratory work on denitrification activity incubations.
- Molecular analysis of environmental samples.
- Processing and analysis of data.
- Reports elaboration.
- Biology graduate.
- English speaking and writing skills.
- Expertise in nitrogen cycle biochemistry.
- Experience in molecular techniques (DNA/mRNA extraction, qPCR analysis and sequencing).
- Experience with limnological field work.
- Knowledge in R.
- Master in ecology or similar
- High mountain hiking practice.
- Experience in using microsensors to measure biogeochemistry fluxes.
- Group work abilities.
- Knowledge of Pyrenean geography.
SELECTION PROCESS AND CRITERIA
The selection process is led by the Main Researchers of the project, and will be overseen by the Management Office and the Human Resources Area of CREAF. This process consists of:
- Admission of candidates: applicants must submit a curricula and a letter of motivation (maximum 500 words) to email@example.com, until June 26, 2017 at 2:00 p.m., indicating the job offer code reference.
- Preselection: determination of compliance with the minimum requirements of the offer.
- Selection: evaluation of pre-selected candidates, using a score based on objective criteria.
- Final decision: if the appropriate person is found, the candidate will be formally informed of his/her choice, and the identification of the person chosen will be published on CREAF's job board.