CREAF is a public research center dedicated to terrestrial ecology, territorial analysis and global change, pursuing excellence in the production and dissemination of knowledge, in addition to the innovation, development, and transfer of methodologies.
The center strives to contribute to knowledge on conservation and management of the environment and the territory, in addition to adaptation to environmental change at local, regional, and global scales, functioning as a bridge between academia, administrations, and society, and promoting awareness within its scope of activities
- Carry out excellent, innovative, and leading basic research so as to be considered as a reference at the national and international levels.
- Promote applied research, especially in the area of forestry, contributing to the sustainable management and conservation of resources and ecosystems.
- Develop conceptual and methodological tools to facilitate decision-making and improve management of the environment.
- Disseminate scientific and technological knowledge by way of training, consulting, or educative activities.
- Carry out excellent research and development which contribute to knowledge about natural systems and which is applicable to improving conservation and management of the environment and territory.
- Achieve CREAF’s leadership at the national level and growing recognition at the international level.
- Position the CREAF as a center of reference for terrestrial ecology, territorial analysis, and global change in the Mediterranean basin.
- Expand synergies between scientific research and technological development to address the necessities of environmental management and land use planning within public administrations and the private sector.
- Lessen dependence on political dispositions, employing efficient management and an elevated capacity for obtaining resources and maintaining financial stability.
- Be constituted of personnel whom share the mission of the center and are active in achieving its vision, and having flexible organization favoring collaboration and the permeability of its research groups.
- Be more visible within the scientific community, administrations, and society in general in order to have more weight in debate and decision-making related to environmental issues.
- Exercise workplace values based on ethics, cooperation, equal opportunity, and environmental responsibility.