Thematic cartography allows the visualization of the actual state of soil use in a territory and the study of change by comparing previous versions of the same. It is a tool which extracts a large amount of information about the territory which would otherwise be invisible. Thematic cartography is an indispensible tool for decision-making in land-use planning.
- SIOSE: Spanish Land Use Information System
- Soil Use Map of Catalonia (1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th editions).
- Ecological map of Barcelona
- Soil use map, Province of Barcelona in 1956
- Fuel model maps
- Flammability model maps
- Digital Climatic Atlas of Catalonia and the Iberian Peninsula